Sunday, March 29, 2009

Book, Shots, and Snow

This Week I took Anna for her 5yr pre-kindergarten check up and shots. She passed all the tests: eye test, jumping on one leg, and spelling her own name. She was then rewarded with four shots -ouch! The Doc says she's really healthy, she weighs 33 lbs and is 39 inches tall which is in the 10th percentile. I can't believe my Anna is going to school so soon, but we're all really excited for her!
In other news, I actually did something crafty! My running partner is getting married in a few weeks and I made this book for her to use as her guest book. It has an exposed spine with coptic stitching. It was really fun to make and I think it turned out really well.


And now on to the weather...Scott thanks for those beautiful spring photos, it makes me really glad that it's spring somewhere, because it sure isn't spring here! Today when we went to church we didn't wear coats because it was pretty warm, but when we came out of church it was a BLIZZARD! I felt like a frozen idiot scraping my windows with no coat on.
"Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart."-- Victor Hugo



7 comments:

Scott M said...

Wish you all could be here to enjoy the spring weather with me. I had a chance to talk to Janelle of your fearsome foursome today. We recollect that we probably met over at your wyview apt around the time of Anna's baby shower just after Janelle got back from a mission. It was nice to re-acquaint.

Brenda said...

Wow Beth the book turned out great!! Good job. Can't believe Anna is going to be a school girl.

Tara McLean Derricott said...

I hated getting my kids ready to start school!! Anna will do great and love it. Your book is beautiful.... I wish I knew how to do that!!!!

Unknown said...

That book is very impressive--worthy of Beedle the Bard- or whatever that poet guy was from Harry Potter.

Grandma Davis said...

Anna is very ready for school, she is so smart and excited to learn.
The book is beautiful. You are so talented. I'll bet it was interesting to make too.

Austinfamily said...

Such taste!! You should do this kind of stuff more often. You have such an eye and talent for it.

Lori Jolley said...

Jeesh - only my kids can grow up so fast - not yours, too!
I sent all the kids to school with no jackets Mon. and had to deliver all their winter coats to them at lunch time because the blizzard hit here and it was freezing!