Sunday, March 8, 2009

28 is Great!

It's been a week since my B-day and I'm finally getting around to posting about my awesome birthday weekend. So here goes. It started Thursday night at midnight when I went to the Jonas Brothers 3D movie with my sister Sarah. Now, I hadn't even ever heard any of the Jonas Brothers music before, but I thought it would be fun to go with Sarah. There were maybe about 30 teenage girls (and some sleeping parents) in the theater and everyone was dancing and singing the whole time during the movie-it was pretty crazy and fun! We did not get home until 3:00 a.m. luckily I was revived later by a McDonald's breakfast.




Here's me and Sarah with our stylish 3D glasses.

Friday evening Kent took me out to dinner at the Chef's Table, which is a shmancy fancy restaurant in Orem. The food was excellent and the service was great, a really fun date! (hey, that rhymes!)


Saturday morning I got to run 14 miles (more than half way to the marathon -woohooo!).It was a really beautiful day, and my running partner and I have discovered a secret weapon for endurance-gummy bears. We eat those things and just keep on going!

On Sunday afternoon my whole family including my brother Bryan's family came over for cake-it was really fun, everyone enjoyed the cake-especially Kent an Matt. So, a really busy, crazy weekend-so far 28 is the oldest I've ever been.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have known of the secret regenerative powers of gummy bears for a lot of years since visiting The Tibetan Dali Llamas high in the mountains of Expedition Everest. Who knew what those llamas were chewing? Any way gummy bears are stored in our 72 hour packs for emergencies, maybe even involving llamas. Thanks for the pictures. We sure wish we could see our grandkids again. Can we come down conference weekend? If we bring all our sleeping mats and pillows?
Love from the Montana grandparents

Unknown said...

Wow! You are such an old woman now! I am really shocked you made it that 14 miles after turning 28. You amaze me. Love the pics!! And Happy Birthday, even though you've never been this old before.

Scott M said...

Now that you've turned 28, what wisdom do you have to impart to us?

Tara McLean Derricott said...

What a great birthday! I'm so proud of you to run so far!!! That's something I've never been able to do. I'm excited to see you in a month. Let me know what I can bring to help... food... sleeping bags... tranquilizers.... whatever...

The Van Leuven Family said...

Happy Super Late Birthday Beth! It sounds like you had quite the day and you couldn't have started it off better than the 3D Jonas Brothers Movie...I'm super jealous. Can you believe it's almost been ten years since we started our adventures at Ricks, too crazy!