Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday Bonanza

Howdy y'all. Friday was Kent's Birthday (35 whatup!)and we have been celebrating all week. He got to choose one present each day this week to open. The only present worth mentioning is the bologna bubble gum I got him. Instead of a birthday cake I constructed this awesome tower of rice crispy treats and chocolate!


So delicious!

The other event of the week was that I ran in the Salt Lake half marathon on Saturday. It was a perfect day for it! It was really fun running with so many people and I finally know how it feels to grab a Gatorade, chug it down and then toss the cup like those guys in the Olympics! I finished in 2 hours and 5 min, which is faster than my goal so I was pretty happy about that. My parents came to cheer at the half way point, and my Mom made this awesome sign-it really helped to have someone cheering for me!
By far the coolest souvenir I got from the race was a bloody shoe! I didn't even notice it until after when we were walking around, it didn't hurt at all, but it turns out I a lost a toenail. (aaaakk!! that is so gross even typing that!)

Kent and the kids met me after the race. They actually missed watching me finish because they stopped to get doughnuts (as per our Saturday tradition). I was really glad to see them, it meant a lot to me that everyone was there. An awesome day. I can't walk down stairs now because my legs are sore, but it was an awesome day!










6 comments:

Scott M said...

Happy Birthday Kent.


Nice run Beth.

Unknown said...

You are such a woman!!! Sorry about the toenail, that's gotta hurt! And what is up with celebrating birthdays for a whole week? I feel cheated somehow. When is Kent going to run a marathon with you?

Unknown said...

Congrats to Kent and Beth for such awesome feats this week. We are proud in a humble way to be associated with you two. Kent, you are a great husband and son. Beth-- thank you for being such a blessing to our family. May you both continue to walk and not be weary and run and not faint. I would faint if I had to look at a foot with the toenail off..Ughhh
(The only exercise like that for me is when I'm just running down.)
The Old Dad

Mom Davis said...

Happy Birthday Kent!
Great job on the race Beth, we are so proud of you. Your time was awesome for your first 1/2 marathon. It was a thrill to see you run.

Tara McLean Derricott said...

Happy Day brother, and way to go Beth!!! You guys are unstoppable!!!

Lori Jolley said...

Beth you are so awesome! Anything with running is NOT on my list of things to do. I really admire you for doing it!!!
Happy Birthday Kent!