Sunday, May 17, 2009

Set Phasers To Stun: Beth Finished the Marathon & Matt Turned 3


Yep, Kent and I finally got to see the new Star Trek movie this past week. It was awesome! Really a fun movie, it had action, comedy, and nerdiness galore!
Saturday was the day I have been training for since the end of December, the big one-the marathon. It was a really fun and beautiful race down Ogden canyon. I did really awesome until about mile 15 when I realized I was very, very tired! I did manage to run/walk the last 11 miles and finish in 5 hrs and 15 min-not too bad for my first time.

Me at mile 23, only 3.2 more to go!

While waiting for me to get to the finish line Matt stuck his head through the barrier to get a better view! It meant everything to me to know that Kent, the kids, and my parents would be waiting for me at the end-you guys are awesome!


Finally crossing the finish line!

Smiling.


Not smiling anymore. About 15 min after I finished I started feeling very nausous,and dizzy. Kent took me to the medical tent where some very nice nurses and doctors gave me an IV of electolytes. I felt much better after that-elecrtolytes are the best!

Today was Matthew's 3rd birthday! I can't belive it-the time has gone by so fast! He is such a cute, helpful, and all around awesome kid.


Matt requested a Darth Vader birthday cake, I think it turned out delicious!



"Everybody remember where we parked."-Capitan Kirk

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Beth you're AWESOME!

Brenda said...

Congrats on finishing the race with a GREAT time! I am UBER impressed. Cute cake for Matt. I can't believe he is 3 already...wow. We wish we could have been there to cheer you on, miss you guys.

Tara McLean Derricott said...

Nice job on the race... I am so impressed. Also, the cake is so cute, and Matthew is too!

Grandma Davis said...

We are SO proud of you. You are the best! Great job on the race and the cake. I can't believe the time has just flown by. Matt is growing up so fast.

Lori Jolley said...

You are so amazing Beth! Great job!
Happy Birthday Matthew!

Unknown said...

What a Finish...What a turnaround!
Three years ago Mathew was on the IV and Mom was anxious and watching. Exactly three years later Mom is on the IV and Mathew is anxiously waiting. Coincidence??? What will the next 3 year event be? Congrats to you for boldly going where no man (in our family) has gone before.
The Old Dad + an Old Mom

Unknown said...

Wow! You are my hero! I always wanted to run a marathon, but never did. They would have to carry ME the last 15 miles! You are amazing!!!!!

Too bad they didn't have a HUGE inflatable snake balloon for you when you were done!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, that has interfered... But this theme is very close to me. Write in PM.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely with you it agree. In it something is also to me it seems it is excellent idea. I agree with you.