Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday Morning Run

I hate to be a bore and have two fitness related posts in a row, but I couldn't resist sharing these pictures. Last week a friend invited me to go running with her on this trail that is in the hills just above our neighborhood. We went at about 6:00 a.m. so it was dark and the lights down in the valley were pretty awesome, but I wondered what it looked like during the day. So I ran the same trail last Saturday morning by myself and was just loving the landscape--I decided I had to come back again and bring my camera (which was kind of a pain-but hey, what's a photographer to do?).
This first one is on the uphill side and as you can see, having the trail lined with lovely sunflowers makes running up this hill only slightly more pleasant.

These two are the view from the top (that's Utah Lake on the very left).
The last one is evidence that the native hillbillies have been here. All in all it's about a 3.5 mile run, and with some good music on my ipod it makes for a beautiful workout.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I am so proud of you for getting in shape, I am SO out of shape, maybe you can run the trail again for me this time?

Tara McLean Derricott said...

What a beautiful place!! I'm trying to get started on an exercise program. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to exercise.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a long shadow!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful day, beautiful pictures. Save the memory to enjoy during the frosty winter.

The Van Leuven Family said...

Hey Beth, What's with you becoming the work out queen...that's so awesome. I don't think I've worked out since I've been married, which is super lame on my part. I probably would do it more if I had killer places to run like your trail. I keep trying to convince Myles that we need to go to a BYU football game in Utah, if he buys it, I'll give you a call and we can hang out.